COURTESY CALL BY THE CHAIRMAN OF HIGHER EDUCATION LOANS BOARD ON TUESDAY 23rd JAN 2018.
This morning, His Excellency the Governor, Francis T Kimemia, EGH, CBS hosted the Chairman (HELB) Mr. David N Wachira at Tabor Hill Centre.
The meeting aimed at exploring ways in which the board can partner with the County Government of Nyandarua so as to ensure more of our youths access HELB products.
The meeting which was attended by all CEC Members and senior HELB officials agreed to:-
1) Start a HELB office at Huduma Centre Ol kalou by 31st Jan 2018. The office functions will be as follows:
– Application for student loans.
– Enquiries on loan repayments.
– Issuance of HELB compliance certificates.
– Receiving bank deposit slips for loan repayments.
– Collection of application forms for all HELB products.
2) At a later, explore the possibility of rotating mobile HELB facilities to cover Engineer and Ndaragwa.
During the meeting the Chairman explained loans offered by HELB ie. Loans, bursaries and scholarships to both undergraduates and postgraduates, Afya elimu loans, Training revolving funds and TVET loans.
“All needy ongoing potential students, including those who may have dropped out of University should be encouraged to reapply”, the HELB Chairman said.
On his closing remarks he urged more youths from the County to apply for the funds.