WELCOME MESSAGE FROM HIS EXCELLENCY FRANCIS T. KIMEMIA, E.G.H, C.B.S, GOVERNOR NYANDARUA COUNTY
The people of Nyandarua spoke loudly in August 2017 when they overwhelmingly elected me as their second Governor. Our vision is to be a productive, prosperous, secure and newly- industrialized County that adds value to its citizens and competes effectively in the 21 st century.
It is clear in my mind that the transformation of the lives of our people to sustainable levels of development will only be possible when we provide an enabling social, economic and political environment. I, therefore, reiterate my determination and commitment to fully operationalize
My Manifesto, based on six key pillars which – after rigorous public participation – are now embodied in our second County Integrated Development Plan (2018-2022):
- Good Governance (Peace, Security, Democracy, and Rule of law);
- Social Sector Development (Education, Health, Culture, Rights, Social Dimension and Services);
- Infrastructure Development (Water, Irrigation, Sewerage, Energy, Transport and Communication, ICT, Sports, Tourism, and Environment);
- Financial and Trade Services and Entrepreneurship Development;
- Agriculture Development, Environmental Conservation; and
- Investments and Industrialization.
We are most grateful to His Excellency President Uhuru Kenyatta for choosing to become Nyandarua’s Governor Number One and committing to help fulfill not just our manifesto, but also his agenda for our nation within Nyandarua. While we seek to fast-track development dividends from the National Government and other development partners, it must not be forgotten that Nyandarua is as a marginalized County. However, it is not our intention to play the card of marginalization forever. We have a rendezvous with destiny. Nyandarua is rising. Our people are rising. We are marching forward. Through this revamped website and related social media platforms, I invite you to continue being part of this unfolding story of transformation in our great County. Karibu sana!