At Ol’Kalou Stadium, where Nyandarua Warriors FC battled Baringo County’s Chemogoch FC to a barren draw in a crowd-pulling Football Kenya Federation Division Two sizzler.
Today’s tussle marked its entry into the division.
Man of the match, Daniel Mugo alias Dante, who was between the posts for the warriors, kept their scoresheet clean during a penalty shot by the visitors following a goalmouth melee.
Club chairperson Mr. Duncan Muiru has rallied the players to continue training at the stadium, ahead of their away clash with Kericho County’s Kipkyui FC next Sunday.
Started by County Government staff in Financial Year 2017/2018, Nyandarua Warriors FC is now a community-based club in the federation’s Central Zone B, which consists of Nyandarua, Nakuru, Kericho, Bomet and Baringo counties.
Present was nominated Member of the County Assembly Hon. Joseph Kariuki alias Balotelli.
Nyandarua Warriors FC team:
1. Daniel Wanjema (Captain) – Gatimu Ward (Department of Public Administration and Information Communication Technology)
2. Erastus Muriithi – Kaimbaga Ward – (Department of Industrialization, Trade, Co-operatives and Urban Development)
3. Erick Njenga – Mirangine Ward
4. Simon Mukumu – Karau Ward
5. Dennis Muriithi – Ndaragwa Central Ward
6. Martin Njoroge – Kipipiri Ward
7. Dennis Kiserah – Geta Ward
8. Simon Karuga – Kanjuiri Ridge Ward
9. Onesmas Maina – Mirangine Ward
10. Isaac Chege – Wanjohi Ward (Department of Health Services)
11. Nehemiah Kagemebe – Charagita Ward
12. Dennis Githaiga – Karau Ward (Department of Public Administration and Information Communication Technology)
13. Nicholas Kamau – Weru Ward
14. Erick Kamau – Murungaru Ward
15. Anthony Kigotho – Kaimbaga Ward
1. Duncan Muiru – Chairperson (Rurii Ward – Office of the County Attorney)
2. Patrick Kabugi – Organizing Secretary (Kaimbaga Ward – Office of the County Secretary and Head of Public Service)
3. Simon Mukumu – Player / Coach (Karau Ward)
4. Eunice Muya – First Aider (Rurii Ward)
5. Joseph Kihara – Team Manager (Department of Finance and Economic Development)