COUNTY SECRETARY & HEAD OF PUBLIC SERVICE JG ‘T’ ONE (1) POST (CONTRACTUAL)
Requirements for Appointment:
- Be a Kenyan Citizen;
- Be a person of integrity who satisfies the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
- Hold a first degree in either Strategic Management, Public Administration, Economics, Human Resource Management, Law, Finance, or other relevant qualifications from a University recognized in Kenya;
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage;
- Have at least 10 years hands on working experience in a senior managerial position;
- Ability to write professional reports, take minutes, and draft speeches;
- Have a good understanding of the objects, principles and functions of the County Government;
- Must have thorough understanding of the legal framework governing county operations especially in public service management;
- Some exposure to systems analysis with hands-on experience in diverse issues/areas;
- Proficiency in computer operations in a must;
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to multi-task and offer advisory services to stakeholders;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shall be the Secretary to the County Executive Committee;
- Shall be the Head of Public Service in the County;
- Be responsible for arranging the business, and keeping the minutes of the County Executive Committee subject to the directions of the Executive Committee;
- Support the Governor in management of external affairs;
- Convey the decisions of the County Executive Committee to the appropriate persons or authorities;
- Co-ordinate county departmental activities;
- Manage county communication with external entities;
- Oversee the management of county human resource, administrative and enforcement matters within the County;
- Coordinate capacity building within and across departments;
- Coordinate citizens’ participation in the County;
- Coordinate the implementation of County Integrated Development Plan as part of meeting the aspirations of the County residents; and,
- Design initiatives to institutionalize Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya.
Total Emoluments: Ksh 225,000 X 18,750 pa-243,750 X 18750 pa – 262,500 X 18,750 pa X 281,250 X 18,750 pa to 300,000 per month.
Other allowances and benefits are per the regular Salaries and Remuneration Commission terms.
Terms of Service: Contract
HOW TO APPLY
The candidate should attach photocopies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card
- Academic and Professional Certificates and testimonials
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loan Board (HELB): Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA): Criminal Investigation Department (CID); Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB);
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
Women, persons with disability and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply. Any candidate who directly or indirectly canvases shall lead to automatic disqualification. All applications should be sent to the undersigned on or before 24th January, 2017.
Office of the Governor,
County Government of Nyandarua,
P.O. Box 701-20303,